BERLIN LAND TRUST ADMINISTRATOR - Job Description
The BLT Administrator reports to the BLT Executive Committee (President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary) and is responsible for implementing the policies approved by the Board of Directors.
· Work with the Executive Committee and Board of Directors to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
· Provide leadership and oversight to land protection efforts including conservation easements, land acquisitions, and stewardship
· Develop a relationship and presence with town officers, town boards and commissions including Planning and Zoning and Inland Wetlands.
· Work with the BLT President to prepare agendas for monthly, special, and annual meetings.
· Develop and execute a fundraising strategy to secure funding for BLT’s operations and conservation work.
· Working with the Executive Committee and Board, provide leadership for fundraising communications and activities.
· Solicit and expand support from businesses, public agencies, and non-profits.
· Build a circle of enthusiastic supporters by fostering strong, trusting personal relationships throughout the community.
LAND CONSERVATION AND PROTECTION
· Work with BLT personnel, and attorneys to execute the acceptance of donations or purchases of land of land.
· Prepare and submit Quadrennial Reports to all towns where BLT holds property
o Middletown properties due in 2022
o Berlin, Cromwell, New Britain, & Rocky Hill properties due in 2025
· Prepare, file and process documents for tax exemption for all acquired property.
· Prepare Annual Report to the State of Connecticut.
EDUCATION AND OUTREACH
· Develop and implement educational programs and projects that advance the mission of the BLT.
· Work with the Scholarship Committee/Science Department at Berlin High School and coordinate the selection of a Cancellarini Award recipient. Represent the BLT at the annual high school awards presentation.
· Establish and maintain contacts with the Connecticut Land Conservation Council (CLCC), the Connecticut Forest Park Association (CFPA) and other land trust organizations.
· Work with the Berlin Historical Society and coordinate the BLT exhibit/display at the Berlin Fair.
· Monitor incoming BLT communications and correspond when necessary.
· Maintain regular communications with BLT Director’s and members
· Develop and provide content to the BLT Webmaster for BLT website and YouTube.
· Work with the BLT Treasurer on the annual membership renewal and donor thank you letters.
· Outstanding writing and communication skills.
· Demonstrated technological skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Facebook and other social media products, Google Apps, Zoom, and Mailchimp.
This is a contract position.
Send resume and any other pertinent information to:
Berlin Land Trust Board of Directors
Please forward any questions to that same email address